Most activities at Northampton Active are considered to be ‘risk assumed’ we therefore have the following regulations in place for your safety, and that of your fellow participants and our staff. We reserve the right to exclude participants from activities when these regulations are not followed.
– Be in good health and confident in water.
– Listen carefully to the safety briefing for your activity.
– Follow all instructions given to you by our staff.
– Ensure that all cuts and abrasions are covered with a waterproof dressing, prior to taking part in any water based activities.
– Provide a completed Parental/Guardian Consent Form for any under 18s participating in our activities.
You MUST NOT:
– Be under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substances (excluding many prescription medications).
– Take part in our activities whilst pregnant.
– Exceed 6’4” in height or weigh more than 18 stone. (This may not apply to your chosen activity, please contact us to confirm)
In addition we recommend that glasses are not worn during water activities and that contact lenses and goggles are worn instead where possible.
Please inform us, prior to booking, if any of your party have additional needs or requirements.
There a various illnesses (e.g. Leptospirosis and Weill’s disease) that can be contracted from open water. If you or any of your party feel ill within the three weeks following your visit please contact your doctor and inform them that you have recently participated in activities on the river. To help limit any risk of illness we suggest that you use our showers directly after your activity and then shower again once you return home.